2 Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness
DOB Course Code: SST-B302
Why take this course?
The misuse of illicit and prescription drugs can result in serious health problems including addiction, overdose, and death. Alcohol plays a significant role in many chronic diseases, violence, and accidental injury. Each year, more than 1,700 New Yorkers die of alcohol-related causes. Opioid overdoses (including heroin and prescription painkillers) are preventable. Most overdoses occur 1 to 3 hours after the drug is taken. More New Yorkers die from drug overdoses than homicides, suicides and car crashes combined.
The 2 Hour Drugs and Alcohol Awareness course covers topics of drug and alcohol dependence disorders and their effect on people, especially related to the workplace, but also friends and family. Students will learn about the dangers of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol in the workplace and how to recognize the signs that someone may be under the influence. Special attention is given to working on a construction sites while being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
– 100% attendance of the class is mandatory
– Full completion of PDH Star registration form
– Actively participate in all course activities
– Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
– Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
– Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
– Understand adverse effects of drug and alcohol in the workplace
– Recognize problems associated with substance dependency
– Understand strategies to help them avoid working while under the influence of drugs and / or alcohol
– Use tools to become less susceptible and better at recognizing, avoiding and preventing (RAP) adverse consequences of drug and / or alcohol use and abuse
– Recognize and understand issues of chemical dependence that may adversely effect the lives of others who they know and love
– Understand why dependence disorders happen to “normal” people and unsuspecting people can become dependent on chemicals including alcohol without trying
No make-up time is allowed for this course. Students who miss any portion of the course will need to make arrangements with PDH Star to attend another course. Additional course fees may apply.
There are no upcoming events at this time