- This event has passed.
4 Hour Supported Scaffold User and Refresher
January 23 @ 11:00 - 12:00$150
Date: 23 January 2021 @ 11:00am-12:00pm (in person portion of the class)
3 Hour online portion of the class: Anytime
Supported Scaffolds User and Refresher course provides awareness level training and is split into a 3 Hour Online Training and 1 Hour in-person Training. At the end of the course, the trainee will receive the NYC DOB Scaffold Card as mandated by Local Law 205, a requirement to work on any supported scaffold in New York City.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify main hazards from working on scaffolding
- Identify appropriate fall protection devices and systems
- Identify possible abatement/correction methods for common fall hazards
- Briefly review and discuss applicable OSHA standards
- Briefly review and discuss applicable NYC codes and standards
- Identify and use PPE
- Use scaffolding in a safe and proper manner
- Describe emergency and preparedness procedures
Due to COVID-19 social distancing rules, number of participants will be limited. Masks must be worn at all times while inside the classroom.