1 Hour Protection From Sun Exposure Site Safety Training (SST) Online Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take this course?
In this 1-Hour Protection From Sun Exposure (SST-B108) course, trainees will become generally familiar with the health effects of prolonged sun and heat exposure. The course introduces the trainee to effect of sun exposure, possible heat-related illnesses, and mitigation measures employers and workers can take to prevent serious consequences. The course also explains which factors could amplify the effect of the exposure to sun and/or heat, and explains how to calculate the heat index, a measure of how our bodies perceive the heat and humidity. This course is designed for Site Safety Training (SST) credit for NYC DOB Local Law 196 requirements.
This course counts towards the 62 Hour Supervisor SST card.
This course is actively proctored through facial biometric recognition that satisfies the requirements of the Local Law 196.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the different types of Heat Related Illnesses (HRI)
- Describe the appropriate first aid response for each HRI
- Describe other methods that prevent or reduce symptoms of heat-related exposures
- Explain how ultraviolet (UV) rays change the structure of skin cells and how increased and unprotected exposure can lead to skin cancer
- Identify the personal and environmental factors that increase the risk for heat-related illnesses
- Explain controls employers must have in place to protect workers from heat exposure under the law
Lesson 1: Why is Learning About Sun Exposure Important?
Lesson 3: Symptoms & Remedies of Heat-Related Illnesses
Lesson 5: Employer Responsibilities For Hazard Controls
Lesson 6: NOAA National Weather Service Heat Index
Lesson 9: Course Summary
We are a premier continuing education provider for the construction industry. Not only do we provide site safety training for site based staff, we are also an approved continuing education provider for Professional Engineers in all states that require continuing education. Our courses are developed by Professional Engineers and Site Safety Managers with decades of experience in the field, and are designed to be engaging, practical and relevant to today’s challenges of working on a construction site.