8 Hour Fall Prevention Site Safety Training (SST) Online Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take this course?
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides eight hours towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
Falls are the leading cause of injury and death in the construction industry. By law, anyone working at a height of 6 feet or more must have some form of fall protection. This course provides basic information and training on how to recognize, avoid, minimize, and correct fall hazards on jobsites. The course will cover fall hazards, competent person responsibilities, types of fall protection systems, calculation of fall distances, and how to decide on proper anchorage points, among other things.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be:
- Generally familiar with terms associated with fall hazards and controls in the construction industry as they pertain to construction in New York City
- Able to recognize and avoid fall hazards, and prevent fall-related incidents from occurring or causing harm
- Able to explain responsibilities and accountability of various people on a construction site
- Aware of regulatory safety requirements associated with falls
- Able to make informed decisions when working at heights
Lesson 1: Fall-Related Statistics
Lesson 2: Key Definitions, Terms & Concepts
Lesson 3: The Nature of Gravity
Lesson 4: Fall Controls
Lesson 5: Steel Erection
Lesson 6: Stairs and Ladders
Lesson 7: Scaffolds
Lesson 8: Excavations
Lesson 9: Fall Protection Lessons Learned
We are a premier continuing education provider for the construction industry. Not only do we provide site safety training for site based staff, we are also an approved continuing education provider for Professional Engineers in all states that require continuing education. Our courses are developed by Professional Engineers and Site Safety Managers with decades of experience in the field, and are designed to be engaging, practical and relevant to today’s challenges of working on a construction site.