8 Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Site Safety Training (SST) Online Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take this course?
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker and supervisor are required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides eight hours towards the satisfaction of the supervisor requirement.
To renew the Site Safety Manager license you need to take this NYC DOB approved 8-Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Training course. This course can also be used to renew the Site Safety Coordinator certificate and the Construction Superintendent registration. This course is a comprehensive review of Chapter 33 and the rules of the New York City related to site safety, including public safety. This 8-hour training course can also be used as part of the Supervisor SST Card training and is included in our 32 Hour Supervisor SST Package.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Compare roles and responsibilities NYC DOB licensed site safety professionals
- Identify safety procedures to protect employees, public and property during construction and demolition operations in New York City
- Differentiate between OSHA standards and New York City DOB Chapter 33 regulations
- Review safety plans for minimum requirements
- Understand how to use tools safely on the jobsite
- Spot safety violations on the jobsite
Lesson 1: Introduction to Site Safety Management
Lesson 2: Construction Site Accidents
Lesson 3: Job Site Supervision and Safety Oversight
Lesson 4: NYC Site Safety Manager Certification Requirements
Lesson 5: OSHA 1926 Overview - Safety and Health Regulations for Construction
Lesson 6: NYC Codes Overview
Lesson 7: NYC Department of Buildings Overview
Lesson 8: Site Safety Plan Requirements
Lesson 9: Jobsite Safety Violations
Lesson 10: Safe Use of Tools on the Jobsite
Lesson 11: Safety Protocols for Concrete, Standpipe Inspection, Cranes and Derricks, Supported/Suspended Scaffolds and Sheds
Lesson 12: Reoccurring Jobsite Safety Problems
Lesson 13: Jobsite Emergency Situations and Preparedness Procedures
Lesson 14: NYC Buildings Unsafe Condition (311) Notification Procedure
Lesson 15: NYC/DOI Buildings Integrity Training Contact Information Sheet
Lesson 16: Course Summary
We are a premier continuing education provider for the construction industry. Not only do we provide site safety training for site based staff, we are also an approved continuing education provider for Professional Engineers in all states that require continuing education. Our courses are developed by Professional Engineers and Site Safety Managers with decades of experience in the field, and are designed to be engaging, practical and relevant to today’s challenges of working on a construction site.