OSHA Excavation Safety in Construction Online Training Course
YOU NEED TO HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND A WEB CAMERA TO TAKE THIS COURSE. YOU NEED TO ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA TO BE BIOMETRICALLY VERIFIED AND YOU NEED TO UPLOAD YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID.
Why take this course?
Excavation is a process of moving or removing earth for the construction of foundations, basements, and other underground structures or utilities. Excavations and trenching occur at every construction project, and are one of the most dangerous construction activities.
Cave-ins pose the greatest risk and are more likely than some other excavation-related incidents to result in worker fatalities. One cubic yard of soil can weigh as much as a car. An unprotected trench can be an early grave. Employers must ensure that workers enter trenches only after adequate protections are in place to address cave-in hazards. Other potential hazards associated with trenching work include falling loads, hazardous atmospheres, and hazards from mobile equipment. Understanding hazards and protection against them, and avoiding such hazards, saves lives.
This course is based on OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P, and provides a comprehensive review of the standard. The online training course covers the following topics:
- Excavation Accidents
- Personnel Involved in Excavations
- Soil Classification
- Hazards Related to Excavations
- Excavation Protection
- Conditions and / or Actions That Can Expedite Soil Failure and Structural Collapse
- Excavation Around Utilities
At the end of the course, following a successful completion of the test, the student can immediately download the Certificate of Completion. The trainee is also eligible to receive the wallet size training card that can be ordered here. Get certified today in 1 hour and stay compliant.
Who Should Take the Excavation Safety in Construction Course?
This course is applicable for employees in the construction industries. The course is designed for construction workers, but supervisors and competent persons will also benefit from taking this course.
- 100% attendance of the online class is mandatory
- Complying with the PDH STAR facial biometric requirement for monitoring attendance
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course
- Completion of Evaluation Form at the end of the course
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Define and describe excavation activities and understand code provisions
- Describe roles involved in excavation activities
- Explain soil classification
- Understand causes of soil failure and structural collapse
- Describe hazards and controls related to excavation activities
- Describe available excavation protection methods
- Understand requirements when excavating around utilities
Personnel Involved in Excavations
Hazards Related to Excavations
Conditions and / or Actions That Can Expedite Soil Failure and Structural Collapse
Excavation Around Utilities
Excavation Safety in Construction: Final Assessment
We are a premier continuing education provider for the construction industry. Not only do we provide site safety training for site based staff, we are also an approved continuing education provider for Professional Engineers in all states that require continuing education. Our courses are developed by Professional Engineers and Site Safety Managers with decades of experience in the field, and are designed to be engaging, practical and relevant to today’s challenges of working on a construction site.